PhD and Postdoctoral Positions
PhD and Postdoctoral Positions in Language-based Provenance Security
We seek strong candidates for
- a PhD studentship (covering full stipend and tuition for a student of any nationality for three years)
- a postdoctoral researcher (for 12 months, with possibility of renewal)
The PhD student and postdoctoral researcher working on this project will play an important role in one or more of the following project tasks:
- Enrich and extend formal models of provenance from simple programming languages or database query languages to handle features such as concurrency, references, side-effects, notions of location, time, or boundaries of control
- Analyze existing proposals for provenance security mechanisms, and identify shortcomings or generalizations leading to a richer understanding of policies and correct mechanisms for provenance
- Develop efficient techniques for integrating provenance-tracking techniques into programming languages or other frameworks
- Formalize and verify provenance techniques in mechanized proof systems or dependently-typed languages such as Coq, Agda or Isabelle/HOL
Postdoctoral position: November 24, 2014.
PhD studentship: December 12, 2014.
More information here